IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD, FIRST CHANGE YOURSELF
- SATSANG means seeking out the highest truth in the company of a GURU or with spiritually minded people who sit together and listen, discuss and inspire each other to experience the fruits of spiritual achievement and self realisation - SAT CHIT ANANDA. The idea of satsang was first spread by the ancient rishis such as Vedavyasa and Valmiki who explained its value in numerous ways.
- Throughout the Ages great souls have come on Earth to free humanity from confinement and to elevate everyone to their full potential, towards union with God. Such souls are known as Prophets, Spiritual Teachers, Messengers or Sat Gurus. They have given many guidelines and holy messages for the spiritual inspiration and material success of man on Earth.
- Sree Sree Mentu Maharaj, the founder of United Satsang and the Universal Peace Mission, is such a Sat Guru, a messenger of God and a world teacher. His life has been dedicated to bringing together different religious institutions to respect each other's faith with greater understanding and to work for the common purpose of love, unity and peace in this world.
- Maharaj's teachings incorporate the most moden philosophical and scientific approach to spirituality, harnessing age old truths from the Vedas, Bhagavad Gita and the Bible combined with the latest spiritual messages in order to lead people from darkness to light, from ignorance to knowledge and from depression to joy. Maharaj's messages of truth have inspired his followers to transform their own lives as examples to others. Maharaj taught them that they could combine a spiritual life with a normal family life and that it wasn't necessary to shun the world or undergo difficult sadhanas or practise celibacy. Maharaj wanted his followers to live in the world not outside of it.
- Satguru always nurtures his followers in accordance with their individual needs, karma and potential to achieve God realisation. Satguru is never controlled by a devotee or by anyone. He is beyond the reach of man, free from maya, free from the wheel of karma. Satguru adjusts the character, cleans the mind and teaches how to be free of ego and selfishness. Satguru prepares his followers for ultimate self-realisation. It's up to his followers to complete the journey. Anyone lucky enough to find such a Master is indeed very fortunate.
- In order to achieve success in both spiritual and material life devotees must remove the causes of wants, worries, depression and defects in theIr character or disorder in their relationships. This is only possible when devotees can develop and maintain the Holy Spirit of God in their lives all the time.
- Maharaj established the United Satsang Mission centres in India, Canada and the UK and each centre offers spiritual guidance and step by step teachings to help searching souls reach their ultimate union with God. Maharaj worked tirelessly throughout his life as a fisher of men to create dynamic followers capable of carrying and delivering his spiritual teachings to people interested in bettering themselves and their environment.
- UNITED SATSANG INDIA is a charitable Trust funded by offerings from the devotees and well-wishers from all over the world. The Mission will continue to pursue its aims and aspirations in accordance with the wishes of its founder, Sree Sree Mentu Maharaj, and will continue to serve the community to help those less fortunate souls find solace and peace.
Zone No. 6
Jamshedpur - 19
Tel: 0091 657 6453888
There's no greater harm in life than to deny one's love; there is no greater loss than to lose one's faith in love.
Extract from Solace Lore
BEST JUDGE IS HE WHO CAN ANALYSE HIMSELF IN AND OUT BY PROPER IDENTIFICATION OF HIS SELF WITH HIS SATGURU